Emergency Dental Services
Are you experiencing tooth pain?
If you are experiencing the symptoms of a toothache or dental emergency and need urgent care in Gainesville Georgia, give Lanier Dental Group a call at 770-535-8900 today. We will see you as soon as possible if you are a walk-in. Outside of our business hours, like a Sunday, read the tips below on how to deal with an emergency toothache.
The emergency dentists at Lanier Dental Group have been treating patients’ toothaches in the Gainesville area for years. We investigate, diagnose and treat the cause of your pain to bring you relief as quickly as possible. Contact us to schedule an appointment for treatment or to learn more about our emergency dental services like extractions!
Symptoms of a toothache
- Oral pain in and around a tooth. It may be a throbbing or a constant pain
- Teeth/gums that are sensitive to the touch
- Swollen gums/cheek
- Bad taste in the mouth may be caused by an infection
What to do when you get a toothache
- Rinse and clean the area around the sore tooth using warm salt water.
- If you experience swelling, apply a cold compress to your cheek (a bag of ice wrapped in a towel, for example).
- Take acetaminophen as instructed for temporary pain relief.
- DO NOT physically apply aspirin to an aching tooth or gum. Doing this will cause the acidity of the aspirin to damage your gum.
- See a dentist as soon as possible.
"The very best dental office that I have ever visited. Staff members are always very friendly and nice. Dentist is very gentle and accommodating to my needs, and works with me on a treatment plan that I can afford. I always highly recommend this dental office to my friends and family."
"My recent visit for a cleaning and check up was as usual, exceptional. I have been a patient at Lanier Dental for 22 years which I feel attests to my faith in the staff to do their best for me."