Restore your teeth & prevent decay
If you have one or more cavities, fillings can be a simple and effective solution to restore your teeth and prevent further decay. The dentists at Lanier Dental Group make fillings quick, easy, and comfortable. If you are experiencing pain in the teeth or gums, contact us to schedule an appointment so we can find the perfect plan to meet your needs and budget.
How do I know if I need fillings?
If you have one or more cavities, you may need fillings. A dentist must take a close look at your mouth and diagnose the issue. While cavities sometimes show little to no symptoms, you may experience the following:
- Toothache & pain when biting down
- Tooth sensitivity to pressure or temperature
- Noticeable pits in your teeth
- Colored stains on the surface of your teeth
What causes cavities?
Cavities are a result of tooth decay, which is caused by bacterial growth on the surface of the teeth. As plaque builds up on teeth and gums, bacterial colonies may form within the plaque and begin to damage the tooth. If the bacteria develops too far, it can cause a cavity in your tooth, which may need to be restored with fillings.
How to prevent cavities
The best way to prevent plaque and bacteria from progressing is to follow dental care best practices. The key to good dental health is to:
- Thoroughly brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste two times per day, two minutes per session
- Floss at least once per day
- Visit the dentist for checkups and cleanings every 6 months
Other good advice for keeping that smile healthy and bright includes:
- Brush your tongue along with your teeth
- Stay hydrated—drink more water every day
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods
What to expect from fillings
The Filling Process
The filling procedure is safe and simple:
- An anesthetic is applied to make the procedure painless
- The tooth decay is removed, leaving only the healthy portion of the tooth
- A filling is used to replace the removed portion of the tooth
Filling Material Options
The best filling material for you will depend on your dental needs and budget. Consult your dentist to determine what is best for you. Options for filling materials include:
- Natural in appearance
- Affordable option
- More resilient than composite and natural in appearance
- More expensive than composite fillings
Why do our patients love us?
Gentle & Comfortable Visits
We use advanced dental technology and a personal touch to keep you at ease during your visit. Dental restoration has never been more comfortable.
We work with your budget when it comes to fillings. We offer a variety of payments options and accept cash, checks and major credit cards. We also accept low and no-interest financing through third parties. Contact us to learn more about our insurance policy.
High Quality Results
The dentists at Lanier Dental Group deliver top quality dental care. We rely on a wealth of experience and advanced dental technology to make your dental treatment safe, convenient, and effective.
Fillings in Gainesville, Georgia
If you’re looking for dental care in Hall County and the surrounding area, contact Lanier Dental Group today to learn more or schedule a consultation.