Emergency Toothache Treatment
Get fast treatment for your emergency toothache in Gainesville, Georgia
If you are experiencing the symptoms of a toothache and need immediate attention in Gainesville Georgia, give Lanier Dental Group a call at 770-535-8900 today. We will see you as soon as possible. Outside of our business hours, read the tips below on how to deal with an emergency toothache.
The dentists at Lanier Dental Group have been treating patients’ toothaches in the Gainesville area for years. We investigate, diagnose and treat the cause of your pain to bring you relief as quickly as possible. Contact us to schedule an appointment!
What to do when you get a toothache
If you’re not able to get to the dentist in time, you may have to try some DIY relief techniques. We recommend the following home remedies for your toothache:
- Rinse and clean the area around the sore tooth using warm salt water.
- If you experience swelling, apply a cold compress to your cheek (a bag of ice wrapped in a towel, for example).
- Take acetaminophen as instructed for temporary pain relief.
- DO NOT physically apply aspirin to an aching tooth or gum. Doing this will cause the acidity of the aspirin to damage your gum.
- See a dentist as soon as possible.
Symptoms of a Toothache
If you’re not sure if the pain you are feeling is caused by a toothache, review these common toothache symptoms:
- Pain in and around a tooth. It may be a throbbing or a constant pain.
- Teeth/gums that are sensitive to the touch.
- Swollen gums/cheek.
- Bad taste in the mouth may be caused by an infection.
Causes of a Toothache
Toothaches can be caused by a number of conditions. The most common causes include:
- Cavities / tooth decay
- Abscessed tooth (a pocket of puss caused by an infection)
- Infection of the tooth root or gums
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Damaged fillings
- Persistent teeth grinding (bruxism)
Depending on the underlying cause of your toothache, the dentists at Lanier Dental Group will prescribe a solution that will treat your discomfort.
If you live in or around the Gainesville, Georgia area and are in need of relief from tooth pain, contact Lanier Dental Group today.